<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 21, 2004

Bush's 'vision' appeals to those unable to care for themselves 

Scat-Man passes along this observation from the comments section on the Clarke item on Brad deLong's blog:
As a resident physician in psychiatry at a major academic institution in California, I would be the last person to pick on the mentally ill. However, I believe I am seeing something of a pattern. Most patients that are rather high functioning seem to have a natural mistrust of the Bush administration. However, I have had a paranoid schizophrenic who 'liked the things Bush was saying'. I had a former veteran crack addict with chronic drug-related low level psychosis who agreed with Bush's war in Iraq, because 'we have to kill the bad guys'. And just yesterday I cared for a very demented 99 year old who can no longer care for herself telling me she was 'for Bush'.

So I think I am beginning to see a pattern- albeit just from my own clinical experience- that cognitively impaired mentally ill patients tend to go for republican posturing. Maybe that's what we progressives have been missing all along...

Posted by non economist at March 19, 2004 07:46 PM




Google
WWW AmCop

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?