<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 14, 2005

"Grassroots power" 

From:democraticparty@democrats.org
Subject: One million strong by 1/20/05
Date: January 13, 2005 11:40:34 AM EST
To: blicero47@yahoo.com

Dear [Blicero],

"What are you going to do on Inauguration Day?" At least in Washington, that's a question you hear Democrats asking one another as George W. Bush's inaugural celebration approaches. Do you want to know my answer?

Join the million-strong Democrats who are standing up to fight for what we believe in.

I'm going to stand with over a million grassroots Democrats who have entered 2005 with a fighting spirit by renewing their 2005 financial support for the Democratic Party in advance of January 20.

Look, we Democrats can either swallow all of the Republicans' malarkey about "the people have spoken" and go hide in a corner somewhere. Or we can fully embrace the grassroots power that we so clearly demonstrated in 2004. Renew your support today at:

https://www.democrats.org/support

James Carville
------------

Dear Mr. Carville,

I love you man, but you've got to be fucking kidding. Give money to the DNC? Jesus Christ! After all the hundreds of dollars I gave in 2004, only to have Kerry concede before the votes had even been counted, before the fraud had even begun to be accounted for? I mean honestly, in what sense can one purport to show a "fighting spirit" by giving yet more dough to Loser Headquarters? I know that sounds harsh, but Christ, "grassroots power"? What power? Power to start kicking off the Bayh '08 campaign? We're totally powerless. I would like some power very badly. If you can explain to me how, and to what end, my giving $20 to the DNC might constitute "grassroots power," then my Visa number is yours. Until then,

I am faithfully yours,

Blicero


Google
WWW AmCop

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?