<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Drunk Friday ... err ... Saturday! 

This is my first, and likely last, installment of Drunk Friday … Err Saturday.

In our last installment, you’ll recall that speakingcorpse posted a great 15-page post by Digby, then apologized for it. Blicero, meanwhile, has been laying low, and looking for “precious.” I hug him. And Scats has been keeping the site together with his posts and comments.

Here are a few quotes from a site that claims Ben Franklin is the source. I have no clue whether the quotes are actually associated with Franklin. Nevertheless, I include them because I like the quotes:

“Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.”

A lamb, like a girl at a bar. Let’s rape the lamb!

“When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.”

Been there, done that, Jack.

And for you crazy theists

“Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God.”

And for my favorite:

“...a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles...is absolutely necessary to preserve the blessings of liberty and keep a government free.”

Hell, yeah. Civics 101 rock.


Please note that tomorrow I will disclaim any knowledge of this post [Content edited on advice of counsel].

NEXT!

Google
WWW AmCop

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?