<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Odds, Anyone? 

Back in May I predicted that the Democrats--still under the purview of the Democratic Establishment Suicide Machine (DESM)--would fail to "take back" either chamber of congress in November. While I don't stand by my claim from, I believe, an even earlier post, that they will actually LOSE seats, I still stand by the no-takeback claim. And I stand by the prediciton that the election will be determined to have hinged upon "security" and "marriage." Though perhaps for "marriage" you may have to substitute "Mexicans." Same deal, mostly.

As for torture, it's obvious that Americans are pro-torture, and I expect this "issue" will play in the Republicans' favor, as long as they can emphasize that, as minions of President Bush, the National High Priest of 9/11, they might continue to secure blood sacrifice for the people.

In any case, we might as well skip the election altogether and go straight to Joe Klein's "postmortem," which will extend the discussion of how [see Kevin Baker's article in the latest Harper's] we might cultivate a renewed "authenticity" among Democrats--an authenticity that might lead them out of the "political wilderness" in which they've found themselves wandering.

Google
WWW AmCop

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?