<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Smart Little Jabs at the Bubble 

The rough transcript of tomorrow's Fox News Sunday interview with Bill Clinton is a must-read. One of my favorite moments:

WJC: What did I do? I worked hard to try and kill him. I authorized a finding for the CIA to kill him. We contracted with people to kill him. I got closer to killing him than anybody has gotten since. And if I were still president we’d have more than 20,000 troops there trying to kill him. Now I never criticized President Bush and I don’t think this is useful. But you know we do have a government that think Afghanistan is 1/7 as important as Iraq. And you ask me about terror and Al Qaeda with that sort of dismissive theme when all you have to do is read Richard Clarke’s book to look at what we did in a comprehensive systematic way to try to protect the country against terror. And you’ve got that little smirk on your face. It looks like you’re so clever…

CW: [Laughs]

Google
WWW AmCop

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?