<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Weekly World News Folds 

This is really sad. Next week's issue is the last one ever.

I was a Weekly World News subscriber for a while, maybe in 1999 and 2000. WWN and Weird NJ were the best periodicals I ever received. My favorite story was the one about the boy who sues his mother for giving birth to him. You also had to love their insane right-wing columnist "Ed Anger," who once advocated that cloning technology be used to reproduce the world's most endangered species -- so we could hunt them. But I guess that was all a relic of the time. Now there are real right wing columnists (Ed Anger had to be a parody, right?) who are a hundred times crazier.

Also, for every presidential election they used to report on which candidate "the alien" endorsed. (This space creature was supposedly deeply involved in steering world affairs.) The alien almost always picked the winner.


I was never crazy about Bat Boy but I remember Bat Boy.

If you Google "Weekly World News" you can find many more amazing covers.



Google
WWW AmCop

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?