<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Screwed 

I know obsessing about horse-race stuff is poisonous, but right now I'm in a poisonous frame of mind.  I wish there was some way I could be put in a hibernation-coma and revived in nine months and Obama--or, yes, Hillary--would be president.

Let me emend that: I wish there was some way I could be put in a hibernation-coma.  But I guess that's OT.

My point is this.  I know polling data are complete shit, especially 9 months out.  But I don't see any way out of an impending McFuck presidency.  That's the first point.  The second point is, a lot of progressive-minded people I know purport to be favoring Obama not because they're swept up in the "inspiration," or because they think his policies would be any more progressive than those of any other soulless Democrat--but because he's rather less soulless, and more importantly, they say he's the most electable, that Hillary can't beat McFuck, no way, but maybe Obama just might be able to.

That's not what the statewide Survey USA polls (take that outfit for what you will) are showing.  These are polls showing numbers not for generic Dem vs. GOP questions (in which Dem is and has been leading by wide margins) but matchups between specific candidates.

Look at California:

CA-Pres

Clinton (D) 57%, McCain (R) 38%

Obama (D) 50%, McCain (R) 44%

Clinton does 13 points better than Obama against McCain!

This is even more frightening: Massachussetts:

MA-Pres

Clinton (D) 49%, McCain (R) 45%

McCain (R) 50%, Obama (D) 45%

McCain beats Obama in fucking Massachussetts!  I mean, I know the famous Boston liberals are actually a bunch of racist assholes, but still.

I want this to be meaningless, and perhaps it is, but it's also very, very disturbing.

Please, please donate money to the Mitt Romney campaign.



Google
WWW AmCop

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?