<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, July 09, 2009

All Play and No Work 


























Has anyone seen My Kid Could Paint That, the 2007 documentary about the child painter "prodigy" (or prodigy or "'prodigy'") Marla Olmstead?

I'm kind of obsessed with it.

If anyone has seen it, I'm interested to know what you think. I have a lot of questions about the film and about the film's subject.

One of them, I guess, is what the fuck is the deal with that NYTimes art critic. Another is why didn't Bar-Lev seem to include in the film a single person who really knows something about painting? (The Times critic must, in theory, be such a person, though he is either unable or unwilling to say anything of substance about modern art, or to offer any insight that sheds any light on the work produced by the Olmsteads.)


Google
WWW AmCop

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?